Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Flip Book


I chose the title, "Miracles" in reference to the movie Miracle, about the 1980 US Olympic hockey team, who won the gold medal in Lake Placid. More specifically, it is referencing the famous Herb Brooks speech before the US played the Soviet Union in the semi-final game. He opens the speech by saying, "Great moments are born from great opportunity..." That is why I chose the words, "Great moments, great opportunities, miracles." This applies not only to the movie, but to any miracles that happen in life. 

My experience making this book was very interesting. I do not have a lot of drawing ability, so I chose to do it on graph paper so the text lined up consistently from page to page. It took me about 5 hours to make. Even though it was quite tedious work, I was happy with the end product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment